Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness continues... Random Stamping tip

Okay, ladies!   I have one order in the pool (who will receive the "Bee Mine" Petite Perks stamp set) but we need a few more so that we can crown a winner of the March Mystery Hostess contest and $25 in CTMH products of her choice!  Don't forget to get your order in by Sunday, March 28th, in order to qualify for the special stamp set and extra chances for the grand prize (see the previous post for details).

I'd like to share another tip with you that I really enjoy - random stamping!  You can create your very own, one-of-a-kind paper with your stamps and inks!  Because the CTMH stamps are clear and stamp so well, you can place a variety of images on your blank paper and create a beautifully patterned paper yourself.  Here's a sample of one of my first attempts, only using 3 stamp images and one color of ink on white cardstock:

While I have gotten better at it, it was pretty simple and fast to make it.  Select your biggest stamp image and use a "triangle pattern" to stamp the image around your paper: stamp once and then go up or down to the left and then to the right.  It is easier to show than to explain but I hope you can deduce it from the picture.  Remember to stamp off your paper to give it that look of a printed pattern.  Then follow with the other images in descending size order.  Here's a picture of how I used a piece of that paper in a layout:
Here's a picture (from another consultant) showing a layout with multi-color random stamping - gorgeous and I love that stamp set for a beach layout!

I really enjoy that technique and I hope you do, too.  If you need more info on random stamping, call or email me and we'll talk.  That's all for now - good night and God bless you!
Making memories with you,
~Debbie

1 comment:

Deborah Young said...

Super cute, Deb! Good luck with your contest!